Friday, November 18, 2011

12.1 update - no problems and systemd rocks

Two days ago I updated my home server to 12.1, basically by doing
# cd /etc/zypp/repos.d
# sed -i 's/11.4/12.1/' *
# zypper ref
# zypper -v dup --no-recommends

The only small glitch I had was systemd apparently taking a nap during boot, which made the machine take very long to boot (about 2 minutes).
After filing bug 730776, I found out (with the helpful hint from Frederic), that I still had an invalid swap partition in my fstab. After fixing that, the bootup now really is blazingly fast:
server:~ # systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 4116ms (kernel) + 33827ms (userspace) = 37944ms

2 comments:

  1. How long did it take? ;-)

    bjolie@embla:~> systemd-analyze
    Startup finished in 6407ms (kernel) + 11734ms (userspace) = 18142ms

    And no - there is not any ssd disks here, just plain old sata disk in software raid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my box starts quite some services, including some slow ones like vdr and stuff, so this might make it slower ;-)

    ReplyDelete